Remember, “outdoors”, “in the woods”, “hike”, etc. all mean Inside the Securely Fenced Three Acre Grounds of the Cottage. This is the Fence as seen from outside the property, it’s six feet tall:
and from inside. Actually, it’s doubled; I used to have a 4 ft fence and left that one when I added the 6 ft… that much more dog-security
Typical Day at the Cottage:
* The Day Begins with Snuggles…..
All dogs who sleep in bed with me, or in the Bedroom get snuggles and hugs while I wake-up.
* Up and out of bed and everybody Outside for Morning PeePees.
* Help Anna with Morning Outdoor Chores; giving birdseed to the Doves, feed the two sister bunnies;Willow & Whimsy, and feed Dominique the Rooster & the three Hens. Do not worry about your dogs and these animals. I’ve had lots of dogs here (including “Bird Dogs” and “Rabbit Beagles”) with no problem because I arranged it all so that dogs can not get at them. The Doves, Chickens and Rabbits, each, have their own, large “yard” with lots of tall fencing and multiple layers of Gates. See bottom of this page!
* While Anna tends these things, Dogs should Check the stones around the Goldfish Pond for Chipmunks! and scan the wood for new smells.
* Back in the House for Doggie Breakfast…
served in the Kitchen or private Dining area (the Foyer is handy for this, so is the bathroom or the bedroom – some dogs just need to be by themselves while eating and that’s fine)
<the Kitchen at Wagadilly Cottage
* Outdoor and indoor Play
* Training Time for any dogs who signed-up for Training
* More Outdoor and indoor play, alternating with relaxing in the Great Room with Anna while she does housework and email
* Afternoon: Group Hike through the Woods of the Cottage
* Free Time to chase squirrels, dig tunnels, find the best stick, bury bones & play Tag, Wrestling and Hide & Go Seek with the other dogs.
* More Training for those Dog who signed-up for Training
* Six PM Doggie Dinner
* Outside for Evening Ball Throw with Anna
on the Main Path of the Woods
* After Dark, mostly lounging in the Great Room with Anna, watching Animal Channel and Lassie re-runs
* Before Bed Time, Everyone Outside for Final PeePees.
* Into Sleep locations; personal Dog Beds, in bed with Anna, wherever is best.
* Nite-Nite Cookies * Tuck-in * followed by Sweet Doggie Dreams
Kennels, cages & crates: I don’t use them and I put in writing, in our Dog Care Agreement, that your Dog will not be in one… unless you want it. This is Customized Care and I do understand that some dogs find it comforting and familiar. You know your dog best and I will do what you tell me.