Remember, “outdoors”, “in the woods”, “hike”, etc. all mean Inside the Securely Fenced Three Acre Grounds of the Cottage. This is the Fence as seen from outside the property, it’s six feet tall:
and from inside. Actually, it’s doubled; I used to have a 4 ft fence and left that one when I added the 6 ft… that much more dog-security
Typical Day at the Cottage:
* The Day Begins with Snuggles…..
All dogs who sleep in bed with me, or in the Bedroom get snuggles and hugs while I wake-up.
* Up and out of bed and everybody Outside for Morning PeePees.
* Help Anna with Morning Chores
* Back in the House for Doggie Breakfast…
served in the Kitchen or private Dining area (the Foyer is handy for this, so is the bathroom or the bedroom – some dogs just need to be by themselves while eating and that’s fine)
<the Kitchen at Wagadilly Cottage
* Outdoor and indoor Play
* More Outdoor and indoor play, alternating with relaxing in the Great Room with Anna while she does housework and email
* Afternoon: Free Time to chase squirrels, dig tunnels, find the best stick, bury bones & play Tag and Hide & Go Seek with the other dogs.
* Six PM Doggie Dinner
* Outside for Evening Ball Throw with Anna
* After Dark, mostly lounging in the Great Room with Anna, watching Animal Channel and Lassie re-runs
* Before Bed Time, Everyone Outside for Final PeePees.
* Into Sleep locations
* Nite-Nite Cookies * Tuck-in * followed by Sweet Doggie Dreams
Kennels, cages & crates: I don’t use them and I put in writing, in our Dog Care Agreement, that your Dog will not be in one… unless you want it. This is Customized Care and I do understand that some dogs find it comforting and familiar. You know your dog best and I will do what you tell me.